Sunday, May 3, 2009

two for tea



Coming from a small town in Alabama I've never experienced tea time. If one wanted to sit around over drinks and treats it was usually coffee and pecan pie in winter, or some other sweet you had on hand. Or sweet tea in summer. It wasn't until I married an English Kiwi that I was introduced to hot tea. Although I am not a fan of hot tea, iced sweet tea is a birth right in the South, I am fascinated by all things tea time. From the colourful and sometimes over-the-top tea sets.


To the plates of scones, tea cakes, and finger sandwiches.

It is one thing I would like to introduce into my life, as a lovely way to bring together friends and family. Something intimate, but not too stuffy. It would have to be Southern-ized, using iced tea instead of hot tea, or perhaps sun tea. And possibly some Southern sweets as well, bite-sized pecan pie and, more than likely, pimento cheese in some of the finger sandwiches.

photos from: tatielle, couragemylove, and only a paper moon

No comments:

Post a Comment