Friday, May 15, 2009

fantastic formal dining



I have never had a proper, formal dining room. At my mom's house it was just a section of the living room, outside the doorway to the kitchen. It was nothing spectacular, but it got the job done. At the first house my husband and I lived in it had a dining room, but we needed somewhere for his ever growing collection of books and our computer, so we used it as an office/library. We stuck the dining table in the kitchen and used it as extra counter space. I've always wanted one though...formal, but comfortable. I don't want to use it just for special occasions or holidays, but as a gathering place for every meal. What's the point in having a room that you only use sporadically?



I have a lovely Louis XVI Extending Dining Table and Helena Rubenstein lucite chairs picked out for my future dining room. I love the mix of old and modern, and think these pieces would look fabulous with a pale aqua wall colour and silver accents.













photos from xJavierx

No comments:

Post a Comment