Friday, October 9, 2009

apologies and arrangements



The last four months have hectic, to say the least. June saw the first house move and the start of my first job in New Zealand. The end of August was the second move, into our own little flat in a suburb closer to things more suited to our age group. It has been a whirlwind and, unfortunately, this site fell by the way side. However, things have since calmed down. We've settled into a new routine and schedule, and I have decided to make this site a top priority again. The updates will be erratic, more on the weekends and very few (if any) during the week, but after looking over it I remembered how much I enjoyed doing it. Time to start again...

It is springtime in New Zealand, and the end of winter brought with it rain and even colder weather. This week we had about two hours of warm weather before it turned cold and wet yet again. I've been soaking up what little rays of sun we have and enjoying the fresh burst of colour from the blooming plants, especially the wonderful orange azalea bush of the neighbours. In Alabama I never saw an orange azalea, most pinks, magentas, and various shades of whites...but never orange. I have to watch myself as I have an overwhelming urge to go over in the middle of the night and dig it up for my own yard.



I have flower envy like nobody's business. I did make a trip to the local farmer's market where I got a lovely armful of vibrant red gerbera daisies and tulips, two flowers that scream SPRINGTIME to me. It added much needed colour to the house and helped brighten my day when we had more rain (and even tsunami warnings!) and grey, overcast skies.







I've been dreaming of big, beautiful arrangments of peonies, irises, more tulips, and any other flower that is vibrant and spring-like.

photos from danske, only a paper moon, sheen factory, ffffound!

No comments:

Post a Comment